WFM Statutes require that a Member Organization (MO) shall:
- be established with a primary purpose similar to that of the World Federalist Movement; and
- be open for individual members in their area or sector of operation, with a minimum of 20 paid-up members,
- have a significant capacity to contribute to the enhancement of public and political support for the aims of WFM and the World Federalist Movement itself,
- be committed to and shall practice democratic internal organization,
- be organized and administered in accordance with the legislation of their respective countries,
- have the disposition of the part of their membership dues which is not due to WFM, and
- forward to the Secretariat an annual statement of paid-up members organized in that Member Organization.
WFM Statutes require that an Associated Organization (AO) shall:
- be established with a primary purpose other than those of WFM, but be in general sympathy with the idea of world federalism; or
- not be open for personal members in their area or sector of operation; or
- be a new organization that shall be considered as future Member Organization; or
- not request full membership as Member Organizations, but still
- have some capacity to contribute to the enhancement for the public and political support for the aims of WFM.