WFM/IGP has a long history of leadership and innovation in promoting international democracy, justice and the rule of law. Founded shortly after World War II and the creation of the United Nations (UN) as an international peace movement, WFM is an international nongovernmental organization (NGO) in consultative status with the UN and other international organizations. With scores of national and associated affiliates, WFM is a democratically governed, membership-based, non-profit organization, with individual supporters throughout the world. WFM is a leader in developing strategic worldwide NGO networks on global governance issues.
In many ways, WFM/IGP is contributing to the development of a powerful culture of peace in our world; one based not on war, but on international law, human rights, and justice. WFM is primarily an international movement of member organizations and these groups are supported by tens of thousands of individual members from almost every nation in the world. We welcome your individual membership in our global efforts to promote the principles of international democracy, federalism, global governance, and human rights.
Membership Benefits Package
The advantages of becoming a member of WFM/IGP include, but are not limited to the following:
- A link to an active global network of organizations, scholars and activists;
- Information on efforts toward global democracy, human rights, sustainable development, peace and conflict resolution around the world;
- Our semiannual newsletter, action updates, and other informational mailings;
- The opportunity to work with key leaders and organizations within WFM on joint projects; and
- Invitations to WFM events including the quadrennial Congress and annual Council meetings.
Member Organizations (MOs) have a primary focus of supporting world federalism and spreading its ideas. MOs work closely with WFM/IGP on projects and programs. Associate Organizations (AOs) are those with a primary mandate different from WFM’s but that are in general sympathy with the idea of world federalism and wish to work in close cooperation with the Movement. The majority of organizations become an AO for a period of time before transitioning into becoming an MO.
By-Laws setting membership dues are as follows:
- The individual membership fee is $10 or €10 per annum.
- The annual membership fee for Member Organizations (MOs) shall be the equivalent of US$ 5.00 per individual full member of the MO and the equivalent of US$2.00 per individual senior citizen and student member. The minimum fee for all MOs shall be the equivalent of US$150.00.
- Every Associated Organization (AO) pays $75.00 in membership dues annually.
The World Federalist Movement has Member Organizations (MOs) around the world that are dedicated to spreading the ideas of World Federalism. Currently our MOs are working on diverse issues such as raising support for the International Criminal Court, strengthening the European Constitution, creating a United Nations Parliamentary Assembly, and reducing small arms trafficking.
In addition to the WFM Member Organizations and Associate Organizations listed here, WFM-IGP’s programs CICC and ICRtoP also have thousands of members around the world. For more information, on their members, please visit their respective websites.
Asian Youth Centre, South Asian Federalists, Democracia Global, MFE Italy, Democratic World Federalists, FN Forbundet, WFM Canada, WF Beweging Nederland, Citizens for Global Solutions, Democracy Without Borders – Switzerland, Federal Union, WFM Japan, En Verden.
African Federation Association – WFM Uganda, Advocates for Youth and Health Development, Center for Development of International Law, Citizens for Development Network, City Montessori School of Lucknow, Democracy Without Borders, Institute for Global Leadership, Union of European Federalists – Spain, Union of European Federalists, WFM Asian Center, World Citizens Association, World Democratic Governance Project Association, Workable World Trust, Japanese Parliamentary Committee for World Federalism, JEF Europe, One World, Union of European Federalists – France,